Refractive Surgery with Lasik, Femtosecond Lasik or Relex Smile can help patients return to normal activities quickly. However, patients should note the following for the eye recuperation after surgery:
- You can shed tears or feel that something is in the eye in several hours after surgery.
- Wash your hands before applying eye drops. During the first days, it may be hard to open eye, so you should pull the lower eyelid down by your fingers to apply eye drops. Avoid touching the tip of the tube to the surface of your eye.
- Wear eye protection when you’re outdoors and when you sleep to avoid accidentally rubbing anything into your eye. You can drive yourself one day after surgery. However, if you have to go so far, there should be someone to drive the car.
- Avoid getting any sweat, soap or dirty water in the eye. No eye makeup for women in the first month.
- Do not go swimming in the first month after surgery.
- In the first time after surgery, maybe you cannot see objects clearly in the near distance because the eye has to accommodate. You should not worry about this problem, it will expire in a few weeks.
- You can go back to work the next day. If your eyes feel tired, stop for a while, take a break and close your eyes.
- In the early days, all motions should be gentle. You should not do strong moves, even open or close your eyes.
- You can eat or drink anything you want but alcohol. You also should not smoke in the first month after surgery.
- Follow-up examination immediately if eye pain and blurred vision come on suddenly.
Taking care of your eyes is our passion.